A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
ENHANCE STUDENT GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Initiative: Develop relationships with colleges that have a high percentage of students from underrepresented groups.
Achievements of the past year:
- Developed community college partnerships with greater presence on campuses:
- Jones Junior College
- Meridian Community College
- East Central Community College
- East Mississippi Community College
- Itawamba Community College
- Northeast Mississippi Community College
- Holmes Community College
- Increased number of African Americans transferring to Mississippi State University by 30%.
Goals for the next year:
- Continue to develop the partnerships with these seven community and junior colleges.
- Continue to work to increase the number of African Americans transferring to Mississippi State University.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Proposed modification of the initiative:
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments: