A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
ENHANCE STUDENT GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Initiative: Expand the scope and mission of the University Academic Advising Center. (2007-08)
Achievements of the past year:
- Increased number of students served by 5% (1302 total)
- Face-to-face interaction increased 34% (2995 contacts)
Goals for the next year:
- Create a face-book group to increase student and parent interaction with UAAC Advisors
- Move to Hathorn Hall - (Athletic Academics present location)
- Expand services to UND students, i.e. computer labs, study area, tutoring, etc,
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Assignment of space in Hathorn and budget for computers, tutors, graduate assistants, and an additional administrator.
Proposed modification of the initiative:
Limit space to top floor of Hathorn Hall and would offer only expansion in computer laboratories.
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
Our goal of expanding the scope and mission of the University Academic Advising Center has been reached for 2007-2008.