A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
ACHIEVE FISCAL STABILITY
Initiative: Increase tuition revenue through an integrated recruiting and retention campaign to attract students to the main campus, the Meridian Campus, degree-granting centers, and courses and programs offered through distance learning.
Achievements of the past year:
- Participated in Enrollment Team meetings which brought together recruitment plans for all populations.
- Implemented retention component for Mississippi State Promise Program.
- Implemented two new learning communities to assist in engagement of Freshmen.
- Retention efforts involve several engagement activities at the freshman year and a specific advising approach for students in academic difficulty or a member of a targeted population.
- Synchronize Financial Aid appeals processes with academic progression standards.
Goals for the next year:
- Continue collaborative efforts with the Enrollment Team.
- Implement enhancements to retention component to Mississippi Promise Program.
- Implement an additional learning community.
- Continue retention.
- Work to streamline Financial Aid appeals process even further.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
As enrollment increases, adequate funding for all academic and student services must also increase. Additionally, to maintain increased growth, additional funding for recruitment is also necessary.
Proposed modification of the initiative:
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
MSU is on a very successful path for this initiative. Energy must not be lost in order to sustain it.