A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
ACHIEVE FISCAL STABILITY
Initiative: Synchronize enrollment growth with increases in faculty numbers and other resources. Incremental growth of 300 to 500 undergraduate students per year should be maintained for a period of four to five years.
Achievements of the past year:
- Highest overall enrollment for Mississippi State University.
- Highest number of Freshmen for Mississippi State University.
- ACT score average increased for Freshmen.
- Increases in graduates, internationals, transfers, distance education and Meridian students.
Goals for the next year:
- Continue to achieve future goals set for incoming populations.
- Make sure faculty are in place to accommodate increases in populations.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Growth in students must have a corresponding growth in faculty. Funding is needed to accomplish this.
Proposed modification of the initiative:
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
Goals were met for 2007 and should be for 2008. MSU is on a path of growing the University to roughly 20,000 in a few short years. We all need to be ready for this.