A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
ACHIEVE FISCAL STABILITY
Initiative: Continue to improve compensation for graduate assistants.
Achievements of the past year:
- Provided a $200 supplement to all graduate assistants who purchased the University health insurance policy
- All graduate assistants on E&G funds received a $1,000 stipend increase.
- In conjunction with ITS and the Graduate Student Association (GSA), MSU ID cards were modified to distinguish graduate students from undergraduate students, as local venders have expressed interest in providing graduate students with special discount opportunities.
Goals for the next year:
- Provide a $300 supplement to all graduate assistants who purchased the University health insurance policy
- Provide graduate assistants on E&G funds a 3 to 5 percent stipend increase in Fall 2008
- In conjunction with the GSA, implement special incentives both on campus and in the community with vendors for all graduate students
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
- Lack of available financial resources
- Lack of support from venders both on campus and in the community
Proposed modification of the initiative:
Improve compensation for graduate assistants.
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
All goals set for the past year for this initiative were achieved.