A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
PROMOTE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Initiative: Team with the city and county school districts to attain higher levels of accreditation for all schools.
Achievements of the past year:
- Additional districts are participating in initiatives with the College of Education.
- An Associate Dean for Research and Assessment has been employed and will spearhead efforts at securing external funds to support targeted assistance to schools.
- Agreement has been reached to provide teacher training and a studio based learning project in three area school districts. This is the initial phase of implementing the studio school concept.
- PREPS has partnered with the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents (MASS) to provide professional development to superintendents and principals throughout the state. These activities will center around the instructional role of these administrators and should have a positive impact this FutureSTATE 2015 initiative.
Goals for the next year:
- Continue increasing school district partners.
- Secure higher levels of external funds to support such outreach.
- Carry out and evaluate studio based learning projects in participating districts.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Levels of funding, geographic distances, and competing entities could be limiting factors.
Proposed modification of this initiative:
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
The initiative is progressing well and the addition of the T.K. Martin Center should enhance progress on this initiative.