A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
STRENGTHEN PRIDE AND INVOLVEMENT
Initiative: Increase resources, re-emphasize winning with character, ensure compliance, and continue to focus on academic progress and the success of student-athletes in intercollegiate athletics.
Achievements of the past year:
- Fall Semester Grades of Student Athletes: Overall GPA 2.94 (2nd highest GPA ever)
- GPA Male Athletes: 2.83
- GPA Female Athletes: 3.12
- 8 of 16 Sports teams had a team GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Leading Female Sport: Softball: 3.45 (11th highest in nation in softball)
- Leading Male Sport: Baseball: 3.23 (won highest GPA of all teams in College World Series)
- NCAA Graduation Rate for Last Year's Reporting:
- University: 58%
- Athletes: 78%
- APR of Mississippi State Athletes:
- All sports above NCAA cut score of 900.
- None with Historical Penalties.
- Twenty-one (21) successive years of finishing in the black.
- Private Fund Raising: $9.3 million
- Southeastern Conference: $9.97 million
- Season Ticket Sales: $7.59 million
- Total Athletic Operating Budget: $30,001,500
- Major Expense Areas: Salaries/Wages/Benefits, $9,423,152; Scholarship Cost, $4,242,643; Out-of-State Tuition Cost, $1,002,433; Travel Cost, $2,297,618; Medical Services, $511,252; Game Guarantees, $1,025,086; Officials, $502,268; University Services, $1,642,422; Athletic Equipment, $699,352; Debt Service Payments, $3,572,081.
- $80.5 million in new or improved facilities since 1987.
- All built with private funds from Bulldog Club and Bulldog Foundation.
- Projects Completed this Academic Year: new concession/press box for soccer; new banners at Baseball; new Cross Country facility at South Farm; new floor, message board, and curtain in Humphrey Coliseum; major renovation of concession stands in Humphrey Coliseum; major paint and carpet in Shira Complex; new wall covering for Holliman Center; new 37,000 sq. ft. Athletic Academic Center.
- Held meeting of all coaches, staff and student athletes at the beginning of the year.
- Hold monthly compliance meetings with all coaches and staff.
- Report Secondary NCAA violations as they occur.