A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
STRENGTHEN PRIDE AND INVOLVEMENT
Initiative: Develop an information process to ensure that alumni and supporters are regularly updated on university events, initiatives, and successes, recognizing the vital contributions of alumni and friends to recruiting, fund raising and other efforts.
Achievements of the past year:
- E-Bark was sent to nearly 60,000 alumni and friends each month.
- Bully's Bark was sent to alumni officers each month.
- Held 300 alumni events throughout the country.
- Alumnus magazine was sent to all active alumni and friends, which is over 23,000 individuals.
- A Leadership Conference was held, and over 175 officers attended.
- Sponsored the Game Day Web site.
- Sent a hard-copy brochure to alumni and friends sharing information about our Alumni Association and asking them to join our team.
- Co-hosted the Road Dawgs tour with the Bulldog Club.
- Enhanced our Web page.
- Ran spots on Southeastern Drive Time.
- Had over 30,000 active members for the second straight year.
- Wrote a letter to over 1,700 retired faculty and staff.
Goals for the next year:
- Start a student alumni association.
- Have over 30,000 active members for the third straight year.
- Continue and enhance most activities above.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Proposed modification of this initiative:
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments: