A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
STRENGTHEN PRIDE AND INVOLVEMENT
Initiative: Simplify and improve the performance appraisal process for staff to allow for effective communication about job performance between supervisors and the staff members.
Achievements of the past year:
- Developed and implemented Positive Direction Dealing with Workplace Issues. Revised policies and procedures, developed web resources which include Management Responsibilities and Employee Expectations of Management, dealing with workplace issues, the positive direction process and matrix, work violations and suggested responses, staff conflict resolution program, resources, forms, desktop guide, sample memos and training. The new resources were launched on 1/19/07. 41 training sessions have been conducted.
- Developed and delivered Total Performance Management training for the Division of Agriculture Forestry and Veterinary Medicine to over 400 personnel with supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepared Performance Evaluation Summary for 2007. In 2007 HRM received and recorded 92% of the staff evaluations. The average rating was 4.07.
Goals for the next year:
- Deliver Total Performance Management training to two divisions.
- Conduct a performance management system study.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Proposed modification of this initiative:
This is a multi-year initiative.
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments: