A strategy for Mississippi State University to become
the region's most respected land-grant institution
FutureSTATE 2015 Progress Reports
STRENGTHEN PRIDE AND INVOLVEMENT
Initiative: Schedule more classes during off-peak times. Designate all rooms with lecture facilities as general classrooms that are available to all departments.
Achievements of the past year:
- Purchased Astra Schedule and Platinum Analytics Software April 2007.
- Met with Academic Deans to discuss initiative beginning April 2007.
- Commissioned Astra Info Sys. to conduct a Space Capacity-Utilization Study.
- Initiated a joint University wide room/space inventory with Facilities Management.
Goals for the next year:
- Continue to implement scheduling and analytical software systems.
- Utilize Findings from Space Capacity-Utilization Study.
- Develop class scheduling rules to move classes to off-peak times.
- Utilize inventory results to re-designate room categories where needed.
Constraints to full implementation of this initiative:
Will need one additional (one total for office) FTE classified scheduler position to free up senior staff to implement, manage and operate new software.
Proposed modification of this initiative:
Combine this initiative with Modernizing Classroom Allocation initiative.
Overall assessment of the status of the initiative or other comments:
On schedule, but need additional staff & funding to move ahead.