Landmark Buildings at Mississippi State

George Hall Cornerstone

(Marble stone located at front left corner)


J.Z. George Infirmary
Erected 1902
J.C. Hardy, President
Krouse & Hutchisen, Architects
McGee & Humphy, Builders
W.H. Howard, Superintendent

 
 

George Hall Dedication Stone

(Marble stone located to right of front door)


THIS STONE IS INSCRIBED IN HONOR OF

JAMES Z. GEORGE,

The early and constant friend of this institution, the earnest and efficient promoter of whatever made for the glory of Mississippi, the framer of the Corporation and Suffrage clauses of the State Constitution of 1890, and the matchless defender of that Constitution in the Senate of the United States: a great lawyer; a great judge; a great senator; above all a genuine man, hating shams in every disguise, always and everywhere enthroning and worshipping truth, he stands out clear and distinct in the perspective of the mighty Past a transcendent figure forever enshrined in the hearts of Mississippians as

"THE GREAT COMMONER."