Montgomery Hall. 1902. Beaux Art. Richard H. Hunt, architect. Montgomery Hall was originally known as the Scientific Hall because it housed all the science classes, but it also accomodated the university's library for a short time, too. As volumes in the library increased, space in the second and third floor apse, to which the library was consigned, remained limited. So the library was moved in 1921 to newly built Harned Hall. The Scientific Hall was renovated in 1939 and renamed for Col. W.B. Montgomery, great-grandfather of Rep. Sonny Montgomery (D-Miss.).