Homecoming Poster Contest Announced
June 26, 2008
The MSU Student Association is proud to sponsor a poster contest for the university's Homecoming festivities. Homecoming is scheduled for October 25, 2008, and will carry the theme "Capture the Maroon." This first poster competition is designed for MSU students to showcase their talent and begin a tradition of making this piece of art memorable and collectible to students, employees, alumni and friends.
The poster contest begins June 27, 2008 and runs through Aug. 15, 2008. Winners will be selected from all submitted artwork that can meet the poster requirements found on this form.
Mississippi State reserves the right to reproduce and distribute the winning poster as part of homecoming activities on such items as invitations, banners and t‐shirts.
All entries will be reviewed by a committee and the winner will be notified by Aug. 20, 2008.
The winner will receive a $400 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. In addition, the winning entry will be recognized and the original art will be unveiled to the MSU community. Other recognition will follow through a press release distributed by the Office of University Relations.
To be considered collectible artwork, only a limited number of copies will be printed, signed, numbered and sold through the MSU Student Association. Each year, the winning entry will hang on campus in the Student Affairs Gallery.
1. Must be an original, vertical or horizontal design 18" wide by 24" tall.
2. Must be hand drawn or painted in ink, watercolor, colored pencil, acrylic, oil or mixed media. No computer rendered posters will be considered.
3. Must relate to "Capture the Maroon," the 2008 homecoming theme.
4. Previously published artwork, any that is pending publication or any that has won previous awards is ineligible.
1. Entry form must be filled out completely and hand delivered, along with entry, to the Office of University Relations, 102 George Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., or sent via campus Mail Services to Mail Stop 9512.
2. All entries are due no later than 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 15, 2008.
3. Only one entry per artist.
1. The winning artwork becomes the property of Mississippi State University and will be used as the official artwork for 2008 Homecoming festivities.
2. The winner agrees to read the release statement on the bottom of the entry form and by signing the form forfeits all rights to the usage of the art.
3. The winner agrees not to sign the original art piece for printing purposes, but does agree to sign and number a select number of prints.
4. The winner also agrees to have his/her photo with the winning piece published through MSU University Relations.
1. Each piece will be judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
2. The decision by the judges on the winning entry is final.
3. The winner will be announced Aug. 20, 2008.
E-mail Judy Smith in University Relations or call her at 662‐325‐1017.