Gameday parking changes for this weekend
October 21, 2009
Weather conditions have improved in Starkville, but rain is in the forecast for late this week and the Bulldogs prepare to host top-ranked Florida on Saturday. Due to previous damage caused by heavy rains in September and early-October, there will be some minor changes to parking policies on campus for this weekend's game.
Bulldog Club Reserved Parking Lots
ALL TRAILERS AND/OR SMOKERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM GRASS PARKING LOTS AND PICNIC AREAS FOR THIS WEEKEND'S GAME.
Bulldog Club reserved Lot 27 will be relocated to sorority row as in previous weeks.
The southern-most area of Bulldog Club reserved Lot 7 will be closed. Available space in Lot 7 will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis and any additional cars will be directed to Lot 23, east of Allen Hall.
Bulldog Club members with reserved passes in the affected lots may also proceed to any available gameday only pay lot and will be admitted by showing their reserved parking pass, which will be punched for Game 5.
Gameday Pay Parking Lots
- Public pay parking lot located at Coliseum Blvd. will be closed.
- Public pay parking is available off Blackjack and South Stone Blvd.
- Public pay parking is available on paved and gravel lots on the east side of campus on Hardy Rd. and East Lee Blvd. between McKee Hall and the Industrial Education Building and behind the Student Health Center.
- On the north side of campus, fans are encouraged to use the free parking lots at the Thad Cochran Research Park and ride the shuttle provided.
-Limited Public RV parking will be available at the Vet School beginning Friday at Noon; however, motor homes are recommended to park at the Mississippi Horse Park. A free shuttle will run from the Horse Park to the stadium beginning at 3:30 PM. The Horse Park can be contacted at 662-325-9350.
- Free parking and shuttle service is also available in downtown Starkville with the shuttle service beginning at 3:30 PM, one hour earlier than usual.
- Free parking and shuttle service is available on the east side of the College of Veterinary Medicine. The shuttle will begin service at 4:30 PM and will pick up at the flag pole in front of the building.
Bulldog Club members who have reserved parking passes in Lots 11, 13, 17, 21 or 23 are encouraged to enter off HWY 12 onto Bully Blvd. to access those parking lots.
Mississippi State University and the MSU Athletic Department appreciates your understanding and cooperation as we make temporary shifts in parking to ensure that our campus will remain beautiful and to minimize the possibility of damage to campus grounds. Fans are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy campus and all the activities surrounding Saturday's game.
To view the 2009 Gameday Fan Guide, which includes a review of gameday policies as well as a parking map, please visit www.mstateathletics.com/gameday.