CVM hosting Research Day on Thursday
The College of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University invites faculty, staff and students to its seventh-annual Research Day at the Wise Center. The special event highlights and promotes the research conducted by CVM's veterinary and graduate students.
This year, Research Day takes place Thursday [Aug. 15].
Students will present posters and give presentations on a wide variety of research topics. This experience allows them to gain confidence in presenting and defending their work, while also promoting the importance of veterinary research to the rest of the MSU campus. Their poster sessions will be on display from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
This year, Franziska Grieder will be the featured speaker. She is the director of the Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP), a program office within the Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives, the Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health.
She attended veterinary school at the University of Zurich in Switzerland and subsequently earned both an MS and Ph.D. degree in viral pathogenesis from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
As director of ORIP, Grieder is responsible for grant and contract activities focusing on the Division of Comparative Medicine, construction and renovation, shared and high-end research instrumentation that enables state of the art investigations, and programs that enhance science education at the K-12 level.
CVM Research Day Schedule:
* 8-10 a.m. -- Pastries and drinks, 2nd Floor Foyer Lobby
* 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. -- Poster Presentations, 2nd Floor Lobby
* 10 a.m. -- Welcome and Introduction, Auditorium
* 10:15-11:45 a.m. -- CVM Student Presentations, Auditorium
* 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. -- Break
* 1 p.m. -- Keynote Address, Auditorium
* 2-3:45 p.m. -- Graduate Student Presentations, Auditorium
* 4 p.m. -- Presentation of Awards, Auditorium