Redstone Arsenal researcher visiting Thursday
Mississippi State University researchers will have the opportunity to hear from a senior scientist with the U.S. Army's Weapons Sciences Directorate at Redstone Arsenal Alabama when he visits the Starkville campus this week.
Henry Everitt will present a free seminar Thursday, June 30 at 9 a.m. in the Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems seminar room. He will discuss the following areas that could possibly result in research collaboration:
* Spectroscopic imaging (ultrafast, UV and terahertz)
* Plasmonics and metamaterials
* Nonlinear dynamics and control of chaos
* Atomic/molecular physics and quantum information
* Micro- and nano-device fabrication and characterization (accelerometers, integrated optics, micro-acoustic sensors, RF switches)
* High-energy lasers
"This is an excellent opportunity for us to learn more about the research Dr. Everitt is involved with and to discuss related work here at MSU," said David Shaw, the land-grant institution's vice president for research and economic development. "We are looking forward to learning more about the work ongoing at Redstone Arsenal."
Everitt's presentation will last for about an hour and be followed by a 30-minute open discussion. Faculty, graduate students and research associates with related interests are encouraged to attend.
Brief, one-on-one discussions with Everitt may be scheduled by contacting Cristi Stevens at 662-325-3571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.