Second Annual MSU Student Association
2009 Homecoming Poster Contest
"A Bulldog State of Mind"
2008 winning design by Travis Parker
2008 poster available for sale in the Student
Association Office in the Colvard Student Union
for $10. Call 325-3917 for more information.
The MSU Student Association is proud to sponsor the second annual poster contest for the university's Homecoming festivities. Homecoming is scheduled for October 10, 2009, and will carry the theme "A Bulldog State of Mind." This poster competition is designed for MSU students to showcase their talent and begin a tradition of making this piece of art memorable and collectible to students, employees, alumni and friends.
The poster contest begins June 10, 2009, and runs through Aug. 20, 2009. Winners will be selected from all submitted artwork that can meet the poster requirements found on this form. Mississippi State reserves the right to reproduce and distribute the winning poster as part of homecoming activities on such items as invitations, banners and t-shirts.
All entries will be reviewed by a committee and the winner will be notified by Aug. 24, 2009. The winner will receive a $400 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. In addition, the winning entry will be recognized and the original art will be unveiled to the MSU community. Other recognition will follow through a press release distributed by the Office of University Relations.
To be considered collectible artwork, only a limited number of copies will be printed, signed, numbered and sold through the MSU Student Association. Each year, the winning entry will hang on campus in the Student Affairs Gallery.Art Guidelines
- Must be an original, vertical or horizontal design 18" wide by 24" tall.
- Must be hand drawn or painted in ink, watercolor, colored pencil, acrylic, oil or mixed media. No computer rendered posters will be considered.
- Must relate to "A Bulldog State of Mind," the 2009 homecoming theme.
- Previously published artwork, any that is pending publication or any that has won previous awards is ineligible.
- Entry form must be filled out completely and hand delivered, along with entry, to the Office of University Relations, 102 George Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., or sent via campus Mail Services to Mail Stop 9512.
- All entries are due no later than 4:45 p.m. on Aug. 20, 2009.
- Only one entry per artist.
- The winning artwork becomes the property of Mississippi State University and will be used as the official artwork for 2009 Homecoming festivities.
- The winner agrees to read the release statement on the bottom of the entry form and by signing the form forfeits all rights to the usage of the art.
- The winner agrees not to sign the original art piece for printing purposes, but does agree to sign and number a select number of prints. This includes a public signing at Barnes & Noble bookstore on Homecoming Day, Oct. 10.
- The winner also agrees to have his/her photo with the winning piece published through MSU University Relations.
- Each piece will be judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
- The decision by the judges on the winning entry is final.
- The winner will be announced Aug. 24, 2009.
Contact Judy Smith in University Relations by email or by phone at 662-325-1017.