Mississippi State University continues to work with local and state officials to respond to COVID-19 developments. The university strongly urges everyone to be vaccinated if you have not already done so. To sign up for a vaccine at the Longest Student Health Center, call 662-325-2431 or visit https://covidvaccine.msstate.edu/.
Additional steps, such as hand sanitizing stations, free masks, regular cleanings, and enhanced air filtration are some of the steps that continue to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
The COVID-19 Hotline is still available at 662-325-2055 and can answer questions about testing on campus and exposure procedures.
Keeping Campus Safe and Healthy
- Get vaccinated! If you are eligible for a booster, you are encouraged to schedule one by contacting the Health Center or other local provider. Call 662-325-2431 to schedule an appointment.
- All students, faculty, staff, and visitors must wear a mask in all indoor locations through Feb. 1 regardless of vaccination status.
- Face coverings should cover the nose and mouth. Face shields are not permitted except in a limited number of circumstances, e.g. instructors or presenters who need to be understood clearly or students who must articulate foreign language enunciation. When a face shield is worn, strict physical distancing of at least six feet must be observed at all times.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- While Campus Services continues to routinely clean high-contact areas across campus, gloves, cleaner, and wipes are available for students and employees to sanitize areas between cleanings.
- Disposable masks, reusable masks, and KN95 masks are available upon request. Building Managers and Operators can access the General Service Materials website (https://www.fm.msstate.edu/gsm/) to request masks, cleaning supplies and other items.
- University travel is permitted. There are currently no COVID-related travel restrictions imposed by MSU.
- For international travel, questions regarding restrictions imposed by other countries should be directed to the international institute.
- Employees should be aware of and follow updated COVID regulations in areas they will be traveling.
- The university currently does not have any COVID-related restrictions for campus events.
Vaccines and Testing
- Employees cannot inquire about the vaccination status of their co-workers or students or limit participation in university sponsored programs, services, or activities due to vaccination status.
- Contact Tracing is being conducted by the Health Center when a positive case is identified. If you are deemed a close contact during this process, you will be notified by the Health Center.
- The Longest Student Health Center continues to offer COVID-19 testing. Call 662-325-2055 to schedule a test. Test results are usually returned the following day.
- Mississippi State University strongly urges all who are able to receive a free COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule a vaccine, call 662-325-2431.
Isolation and Quarantine
- If you feel you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, develop symptoms, or test positive:
- Review guidance at: https://www.msstate.edu/covid19/employees/exposure-faq