Employees in HighRisk Categories
Employees at high risk due to COVID-19 should contact Human Resources Management to discuss possible accommodations. For a list of those individuals that the CDC considers at higher risk, please see the following website: CDC's People at Higher Risk
Other medical conditions may also be declared high risk by an employee’s physician.
Available Leave Categories
Employees may take accrued personal and/or medical leave following the usual university policies and procedures.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act’s (FFCRA) paid leave provisions became effective on April 1, 2020, and applied to leave taken between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
If an amendment is made to the law by Congress to extend the provisions under FFCRA beyond December 31, 2020, we will provide further details.
Current CDC data suggests that a cloth face covering may protect the wearer and prevent the spread of the virus to others. Visit CDC's DIY Cloth Face Coverings to see CDC guidelines on the use of face coverings.
Employee Assistance Program
We recognize the difficulty the COVID-19 crisis may place on the mental and emotional well-being of faculty and staff. Employees can access the Employee Assistance Program [EAP] free of charge. All EAP services to employees are confidential and are not reported to colleagues, departments, supervisors, administration, or to the Department of Human Resources Management.
To access EAP:
- Visit the web portal at www.humana.com/eap
- Enter username: msu (not case sensitive)
- Enter password: msu (not case sensitive)
- Telephone counseling: 1-866-219-1232
- Face-to-Face Sessions: For a referral and information about appointments, contact LifeSynch at 1-866- 219-1232, and counselors will connect you with expertise, guidance, and support for your issue with a local provider. Up to three face-to-face sessions may be scheduled using your EAP.