Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Higher Education Opportunity Act and other federal laws, Mississippi State University publishes an Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report.
It includes (1) crime statistics for the previous three years for those crimes identified by the Clery Act that occurred on campus; in or on off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by MSU; and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus; (2) information regarding MSU's policies related to campus security, including drug and alcohol use, crime prevention, reporting crimes, sexual assault, emergency procedures, fire safety and prevention and other matters; and (3) statistics for the previous three years for fires that have occurred in on-campus housing facilities. The current Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report is available at //www.msstate.edu/files/2017CampusSecurityReport.pdf. If you have questions, or wish to obtain a paper copy of the Report, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662-325-3611 or visit Room 608, Allen Hall on the Starkville campus.
In addition to the crime statistics provided in the Report identified above, a daily fire and crime log is available for inspection at the Mississippi State University Police Department on both the Starkville campus (Butler Williams Building next to Davis Wade Stadium) and the Meridian campus (main floor of the campus).
Also pursuant to the Clery Act, MSU has made available a corrected 2016 Annual Security Report. That report which contains the same types of information listed above, is available at //www.msstate.edu/files/2016%20CampusSecurityReport.pdf. The corrected report is made available because certain crime statistics were updated after the initial report was published. If you have questions, or wish to obtain a paper copy of the Report, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662-325-3611 or visit Room 608, Allen Hall on the Starkville campus.
The University also provides a Biennial Campus Alcohol and Drug Report, in compliance with applicable federal law. This report contains information on campus alcohol and drug policies, programs and standards and is available at //www.msstate.edu/files/alcoholdrugreport15pdf. If you have questions, or wish to obtain a paper copy of the Report, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662-325-3611 or visit Room 608, Allen Hall on the Starkville campus.
Additional important information and publications are available at //www.msstate.edu/students/publications-policies, including the following:
(1) MSU's Sexual Misconduct Policy and a link to FAQs about Sexual Misconduct and Title IX. For additional information contact the Title IX Coordinator at 662-325-8124 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) A listing of policies applicable to students. All MSU students are responsible for reading, understanding, and following these policies. For additional information, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662-325-3611 or visit Room 608, Allen Hall on the Starkville campus.
(3) Information about student rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA"). If you need additional information, contact the Office of the Registrar at 662-325-1846 or visit the office in Garner Hall on the Starkville campus.
(4) Information required under the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act, including policies and programs related to the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees. This section provides information about preventative programming, treatment options, and campus penalties for policy violations.
(5) Certain Consumer Information Regarding Financial Aid as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act, (http://www.sfa.msstate.edu/policies), including information about student financial aid eligibility, determination of student aid awards, cost of attendance, student loan programs and borrower's rights and responsibilities, consequences of withdrawal, satisfactory academic progress, overawards, study abroad, summer school and other financial aid issues. If you have questions, please contact the Department of Student Financial Aid at 662-325-2450 or visit the office in Garner Hall on the Starkville campus.
(6) Information about the Maroon Alert System, MSU's emergency notification system. Students, faculty and staff may sign up for Maroon Alert messages by following the instructions given at http://www.emergency.msstate.edu/maroon-alert/. If you need more information about Maroon Alert or need help signing up, contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662-325-3611 or visit Room 608, Allen Hall on the Starkville campus.
(7) Information about illegal filesharing on the MSU network. Copying, using, downloading, uploading, sharing, or otherwise distributing copyrighted material without explicit permission of the copyright owner or agent or as allowed by OP 01.20 is a violation of federal law and MSU policy.
(8) Information about drinking water tests and reports. Questions about these reports should be directed to Facilities Management at 662-325-5830.