Mississippi State’s Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion announced Monday [June 25] that Mississippi State University has joined the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) as an institutional member.
The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs and graduate students.
As part of the institutional license, MSU faculty, post-docs and graduate students will have access to the following member resources at no additional cost:
- Weekly Monday Motivator email.
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars.
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars.
- Access to multi-week courses.
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students.
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving and moderated writing challenges.
- Monthly accountability buddy matches.
- Access to 14-Day writing challenges.
- Access to the member library that includes all past webinars, referrals, and readings.
To claim a free institutional membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join.
- Choose Mississippi State University from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Activate my Membership.”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. netid @ msstate.edu).
- Go to your institutional email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click "Activate Account" in the email.
A listing of some upcoming summer webinars include:
- July 19 - The Art of Saying No.
- July 26 - August 9 (Thursdays)- How to Navigate the Academic Job Market (Multi-week course).
- August 9 - Cultivating Your Network of Mentors, Sponsors and Collaborators.
Additionally, members may register for the 14-Day Writing Challenge, which runs July 8-21. Registration for this challenge will close on July 5.
For membership questions, contact Hannah Owens, associate director of MSU’s Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions, email the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity at email@example.com.