Leaders of Mississippi’s public universities received The Seven Seals Award at the Board of Trustees meeting held today [Nov. 16] in Jackson. The Award was presented by the Mississippi Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (MSESGR) in recognition of significant individual or organizational achievement, initiative, or support that promotes and supports the ESGR mission. Major General Janson D. Boyles, Adjutant General of Mississippi, presented the awards.
MSESGR is a Department of Defense office that is led and operated by dedicated volunteers and staff. Its mission is to gain and maintain employer support for the Guard and Reserve. The organization has more than 70 volunteers across the state and reaches out to employers and service members in areas such as employer outreach, military outreach, public affairs, mediation, training, and employment initiative programs.
General Janson D. Boyles, Adjutant General of Mississippi, presents the Seven Seals Award to university leaders. Pictured left to right are:
- President Al Rankins, Alcorn State University
- President Bill LaForge, Delta State University
- President Will Bynum, Jackson State University
- President Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University
- Major General Janson D. Boyles, Adjutant General of Mississippi
- Dr. Tim Lea, Director of Veteran Services, Copiah-Lincoln Community College
- President Jim Borsig, Mississippi University for Women
- President Jerryl Briggs, Mississippi Valley State University
- Chancellor Jeffrey S. Vitter, University of Mississippi
- President Rodney Bennett, The University of Southern Mississippi
The Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning governs the public universities in Mississippi, including Alcorn State University; Delta State University; Jackson State University; Mississippi State University including the Mississippi State University Division of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine; Mississippi University for Women; Mississippi Valley State University; the University of Mississippi including the University of Mississippi Medical Center; and the University of Southern Mississippi.