Mississippi State student organizations and campus departments are planning exciting activities for "Dawg Days," the university's annual event designed to welcome new freshmen and transfer students to the Bulldog family.
This year's "Dawg Days" is slated for Aug. 14-22. Though designed for incoming students, Dawg Days events are open to everyone.
The Center for Student Activities is coordinating the Dawg Days schedule to decrease overlap, better market events, and ensure that events are effective and successful.
Along with encouraging collaboration on event planning efforts, the center is asking student groups and campus departments to register their events on Cowbell Connect and select the "Dawg Days" event category to be a part of Dawg Days. Those who do not have a Cowbell Connect page are encouraged to contact the Center for Student Activities at email@example.com for assistance with uploading events to the system.
Student organizations and campus departments who would like assistance from the Center for Student Activities with publicizing events are asked to submit event information by 5 p.m. July 23 to be included on printed and promotional materials.
Dates to be mindful of when planning your event:
- MVNU2MSU (Move-In Days): Aug. 14-16
- Welcome Drive-in Movie: Aug. 14, 9 p.m.
- Out-of-State Student Social: Aug. 16, 2:30-3 p.m.
- Class of 2024 and 2025 Photos: Aug. 16, 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- UREC the Day: Aug. 17, 2-8 p.m.
- Shades of Starkville: Aug. 18, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- NPHC Ice Breaker: Aug. 18, 7-9:30 p.m.
- International Student Mixer: Aug. 20, 4-6 p.m.
- Part-time Job Fair: Aug. 20, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Women of the Rec: Aug. 20, 7-10 p.m.
The Center for Student Activities will consider Dawg Days program funding requests from student organizations. The request form must be submitted by July 23 and is available at https://msstate.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/486073.
Questions relating to Dawg Days can be directed to the Center for Student Activities at 662-325-2930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.