We at the Longest Student Health Center want to take the opportunity to let you know that we remain open for business. During the last several weeks, we have remained open to treat those who primarily need acute care and also to test for COVID-19.
We currently have the ability to do viral swabs for COVID-19 that are sent out with results in two days. We also have the ability to do antibody testing with results in the clinic in 10 minutes. However, the antibody testing should be done only for specific reasons determined by your provider. It is not a test that is useful to say one has had the infection or has not. It is also not helpful in determining if one is immune to COVID-19. The accuracy, utility and purpose of the antibody testing has yet to be fully determined.
As social and community measures are being loosened, we will also be opening up appointments to all of our patients, including wellness and other "well" visits. Please feel safe to call and make appointments. We have taken many steps to try to minimize everyone's risk who enters the clinic, patients and employees alike. Here are some of the precautions and preparations we have made:
- We have sufficient personal protection equipment to provide safe and effective patient evaluation for patients, staff and providers.
- All areas are frequently sanitized.
- Only sick patients will be seen on one floor, while only well patients seen on the other floor.
- All patients are screened prior to entering the building. All patients will be asked to wear a mask, their own or provided by the clinic.
- Any potentially infectious person will be taken directly to a sick room.
- There will be limited waiting in the waiting room, patients will be asked as much as able to wait in cars or out front until we notify them of the room availability.
- While COVID-19 testing is available (viral swabs and antibody), only two providers will be evaluating those patients to limit the exposure of all other employees.
We have very closely monitored the COVID-19 situation and are making many efforts to protect all of us in the hopes of having a lower chance of infection as compared to being in the community in general. Please call ahead 325-2431 for appointments as much as possible--we want to anticipate your arrival.
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.