The MSU Libraries’ operational plans have been updated based on the universities’ operational guidelines. For the period June 1 – June 14, the University Libraries including Mitchell Memorial Library, College of Art, Architecture and Design Library, Jackson 5th Year Library, College of Veterinary Medicine Library, Old Main Academic Center and the Meridian Libraries will remain closed to the public. While the Libraries are closed to the public, the library faculty and staff continue to provide essential services including access to collections, equipment and consultation services. See below for more information on these services.
Beginning June 15, Mitchell Memorial Library’s Computer Commons will open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. for MSU students and faculty to use the computing and printing capabilities. All other areas unless noted below will be closed to the public including the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library, Charles H. Templeton, Sr. Music Museum and Special Collections.
While the other areas of the library will be closed to the public, our services will continue to operate as noted below.
- Students and faculty needing materials from the physical collection or Interlibrary Loan materials should submit a request for materials using the Online Catalog’s place hold function or submit an Interlibrary loan request. The materials can be mailed to the individual or picked up from the Computer Commons Lab.
- Students and faculty needing equipment from the Digital Media Center should first reserve the equipment online at https://msstate.libcal.com/reserve/dmc. The equipment can be picked up from the Computer Commons Lab.
- Students and faculty needing access to the Audio Visual Studio for recording lectures should make an appointment at https://msstate.libcal.com/reserve/dmcstudio/av. At the time of the appointment, the faculty will enter through the Computer Commons and wait for someone to escort them to the AV Studio.
- Online/Virtual chat assistance and e-mail reference will continue from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday. http://lib.msstate.edu/help/
- Researchers needing access to primary source materials located in Special Collections, Congressional and Political Research Center, US Grant Presidential Library or the Williams Collection of Lincolniana collection may request an online consultation. Requests can be sent to email@example.com
- Research assistance may be provided by online consultations or in-person by appointment. http://lib.msstate.edu/help/consult/
- College of Art, Architecture and Design Library, Jackson 5th Year Library, Old Main Academic Center and the Meridian Campus libraries will remain closed to the public.
- The College of Veterinary Medicine Library will resume normal operations beginning June 24, 2020.