Contact: Harriet Laird
STARKVILLE, Miss.—It’s the Bulldogs and the Tigers this Saturday [Sept. 3] as Mississippi State opens its 2022 football season at home against non-conference opponent University of Memphis. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. in Davis Wade Stadium, and gates open at 4:15 p.m.
Game viewing will be on ESPNU. Visit hailstate.com/gameday for the most complete game day information and ways to watch and listen.
Some helpful game day reminders are listed below.
Road Closures, 4 hours before kickoff:
- Creelman St. from Tracy Drive to Stone Blvd.; Stone Blvd. from Bost Drive to Bully Blvd.; Barr Ave. from Bost Drive to College View Drive; College View Drive from Bailey Howell Drive to Barr Ave.; Old Bully Blvd. from Bully Blvd.; Bost Drive from Stone Blvd. to Old Bully; Bully Blvd. from Stone Blvd. to President Circle; President Circle from Bully Blvd. to Morrill Road; and Morrill Road, from President Circle to Hardy Road. See this map for road closure illustrations.
Parking information, only cashless transactions—debit and credit cards—for all public paid lots:
- Lee Blvd. parking spaces, next to Bell Island, are now Reserved ADA parking and parking for visiting team buses only.
- Fans who wish to tailgate at Bell Island can still drop off tailgating supplies until 4 hours before kickoff. At the cutoff time, roads surrounding Davis Wade Stadium are closed to reduce vehicle traffic due to the influx of pedestrian traffic.
- No trailers or vehicles are allowed to stay parked overnight in these spaces.
- Any vehicles left on Lee Blvd. will be relocated Saturday morning.
- The 8 parking spaces in front of McArthur Hall on Barr Ave. are no longer open spaces for game day parking. They have been converted to accommodate official game day parking needs.
- Any vehicles left parked at McArthur Hall will be relocated Saturday morning.
Expanded Public Parking
- The new North Parking Garage is open and is available for public parking on game days.
Additional information about 2022 football season parking is available at https://hailstate.com/news/2022/9/1/2022-football-season-parking-information.aspx.
Free transit service is provided by Starkville-MSU Area Rapid Transit (SMART) on game days from various on and off campus locations to Giles Hall, Newell Grissom and Old Main Academic Center. Below is a listing of routes and stop locations fans can use to access campus via SMART. For more on schedules, routes and stops, visit https://www.smart.msstate.edu.
From ADA Public North and South Parking Lots:
- North Campus ADA transit service is provided from 100 Research Blvd. to Old Main Academic Center (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the game’s end)
- South Campus ADA transit service is provided from the Animal and Dairy Science parking lot on Wise Center Drive to Newell Grissom (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the game’s end)
From Research Park Public Parking Area (North Campus | Hwy 182):
- Transit service is provided from other parking lots in the Research Park to Giles Hall (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the game’s end)
From Wise Center and Rec Plex (South Campus | Blackjack Road and Hail State Boulevard):
- Transit service is provided from other Wise Center parking lots and the Scales Building to Newell Grissom (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the game’s end)
From Davis Wade Express (Lampkin and Jackson Street | Starkville Daily News):
- Transit service is provided from the Lampkin Street and Jackson Street intersection to Giles Hall (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the game’s end)
Routes provide continuous service Monday-Saturday, including game day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. or until 2 hours after the end of the game (whichever is later).
- Starkville Central SMART Route: Walmart Supercenter, Kroger, Avenue of Patriots, Whitfield Street, Greensboro Street, Downtown, Midtown to Old Main Academic Center: Stop locations are at the Chevron on the Avenue of Patriots, the intersection of Whitfield and Scales Street, the Greensboro Center, City Hall, Regions Bank and the Old Main Academic Center.
- Starkville South SMART Route: Walmart Supercenter, Kroger, Medicaid, Sportsplex, Lynn Lane, Loxley Way, Wise Center, and Animal Dairy Science to Newell Grissom.
- Starkville North SMART Route: Walmart Supercenter, Abernathy, Mallory Ln, JL King Park, Reed Road, OCH, Reed Place, Garrard Road West and East, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Starkville Flatts to Old Main Academic.
- A bus tracking map is available at https://smart.doublemap.com/map/ or by downloading the Doublemap app on your phone and choosing SMART.
From Mississippi Horse Park:
- Transit Service is provided from the Mississippi Horse Park to Newell Grissom (4 hours prior to kick off until 2 hours after the end of the game)
RV reservations with the Mississippi Horse Park are required.
No coolers are allowed on any MSU Transit Buses.
- Junction Jane and Johns in the Junction and across from Fresh Foods
- Portables at Amphitheater, Dorman Hall, Sorority Grass, Research Park and Vet School
- Inside Allen, Hilbun and McArthur halls; Bost Extension “B,” Roberts and Butler Guest House-Williams buildings; Newell Grissom gym and Soccer Stadium
Eateries (Colvard Student Union food court closed):
- Perry Cafeteria, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- State Fountain Bakery, noon-4 p.m.
- Starbucks, noon-4 p.m.
Football fans attending Saturday’s game are encouraged to plan their parking and departure route in advance and follow the instructions of officers directing traffic. Game and traffic information will be updated on Twitter @HailStateFamily and @msstatepd.
Basic first aid is available at the MSU Police tents set up in the Junction. For complete gameday information, including parking and traffic flow maps, visit www.hailstate.com/gameday.
Tickets are available for the game and can be purchased now at HailState.com/tickets, by calling 1-888-GO-DAWGS or in person at the MSU Athletic Ticket Office, first floor, Bryan Athletic Administration Building (288 Lakeview Drive), now-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
MSU is Mississippi’s leading university, available online at www.msstate.edu.